The NSDAR is a non-profit, non-political volunteer, women’s service organization dedicated to promoting patriotism, preserving American history, and securing America’s future through better education. Any woman 18 years or older, regardless of race, religion, or ethnic background, who can prove lineal descent from a patriot of the American Revolution is eligible to be a member. Are you interested in learning more about becoming a member of our chapter? Do you have a Revolutionary War patriot in your family tree?
Steps to membership in the NSDAR and the Kinnikinnik Chapter:
- Contact our membership team using our Contact Us form.
- Attend a chapter meeting or event to meet our Daughters and explore what we do.
- Gather your family history information to identify an ancestor who aided in achieving American independence between April 19, 1775 (Battle of Lexington), and November 26, 1783 (withdrawal of British Troops from New York)
- Work on and complete an application.
- To prepare for your meeting with our membership team, please review this How To Join page provided by the National DAR.
- If you are comfortable, feel free to continue on to the Genealogy page and work on the provided Pedigree Chart.
- If you don’t know where to start or haven’t researched much of your own genealogy, don’t worry! We are delighted to help you! Our chapter has an active membership team, including many women who are happy to help YOU with research and documentation, the application paperwork, and to introduce you to our chapter members, activities, and meetings. Just contact us!